- I mentioned in my previous post that I dropped out of high school and college. Technically, I finished high school early, taking the California High School Proficiency exam, and I was admitted to the University of California at Berkeley; since I didn't fulfill my high school's criteria, however, I didn't actually graduate. I dropped out of UC Berkeley less than a year later.
- I'm a pretty good poker player; I can hold my own in a casino, and I always win against my friends. I play with friends always for stakes less than the beer contribution.
- I'm a strong amateur Go player, but I won't get any better until I can take professional lessons.
- I taught myself to play a few pieces on the piano, including Bach's Two-Part Invention #14.
- I learned computer programming when I was 14, auditing classes at Kansas University where my mother was a graduate student
- I learned everything I know (academically) about English grammar in a six week intensive class in 6th grade
- I learned philosophy arguing with Christians on the Internet Infidels Discussion Board
- I learned carpentry, plumbing and electrical work when I owned and maintained my home in Colorado
Since I've already tagged 8 people I'll just tag my readers. If you want to play and you have a blog of your own you can post there, or you can post 8 random facts about yourself in the comments. If you haven't been tagged before, please tag 8 other people explicitly.